Monday, January 5, 2009

Red Truck IPA (bottle) - 3.0

Red Truck IPA
India Pale Ale
Palisade Brewery
Palisade, CO
ABV: ?

Jon:
Woah. There are some crazy sorts of bitterness going on here. It's very herbal; reminds me of some of the bitter flavors found in Cynar. Marks for complexity, but it's ultimately an unfortunate comparison because Cynar is one amazingly toxic drink.

3.4
Appearance Aroma Palate Flavor Price Buzz Overall
3/5 8/10 3/5 7/10 3/5 3/5 7/10

Mark:
Fairly balanced for an IPA. Not quite the hops for me, but with an oddly watered-down bitter flavor. Not bad at all, definitely good quality, but the $9 price tag turned me off a little bit.

3.0
Appearance Aroma Palate Flavor Price Buzz Overall
3/5 6/10 3/5 6/10 2/5 3/5 7/10

Jere:
Red Truck stands for bitter--too much for my tastes unfortunately. Not that I won't finish what I've started, mind you, but I can't say I'll enjoy it all that much.

2.5
Appearance Aroma Palate Flavor Price Buzz Overall
4/5 6/10 3/5 4/10 3/5 2/5 3/10

2 comments:

kate said...

cynar = epic fail

Anonymous said...

I had the Red Truck and every bottle had a lot of floaties in it, this is more than sediment and was kind of gross. Stays floating in the beer not sinking to the bottom. Couldn't get past that.