Monday, December 21, 2009

JimBrew 2.0 IPA (bottle) - 3.9

JimBrew 2.0
India Pale Ale
Arvada, CO
ABV: 5.4%

You won't find this one in stores... partly because we already drank all of it, and partly because it was never in stores to begin with. Our friend Jim has started brewing his own beer, and he sent a few bottles of his first IPA our way.

Jon:
Cloudy and dark. Citrus and caramel aroma. Smooth up front then considerable lingering bitterness on the end. Quite malty for an IPA, but that's a big part of what makes this really unique. The nose and finish are a bit contrasting for me, but I think things would've started to match up had I tried it more than twice. Extra point for home brewing!

3.9
Appearance Aroma Palate Flavor Price Buzz Overall
3/5 8/10 3/5 8/10 5/5 3/5 9/10

Mark:
I'm very impressed with Jim's foray into home brewing. This IPA has a malty, slightly dark chocolate feel with a very bitter, dark aftertaste. Get job! I'm going to have to get the recipe!

3.9
Appearance Aroma Palate Flavor Price Buzz Overall
4/5 8/10 3/5 7/10 5/5 3/5 9/10

Jere:
I've had this twice before, and if anything it's gotten better with age. Considering it was a homebrew, I appreciate it even more. Kudos to the brew meister!

3.8
Appearance Aroma Palate Flavor Price Buzz Overall
4/5 7/10 3/5 6/10 5/5 4/5 9/10

No comments: