Wednesday, March 9, 2011

JimBrew Gingerbread Ale (bottle) - 3.9

JimBrew Gingerbread Ale
Specialty/Spiced Ale
Arvada, CO

Even more homebrew from Jimbo!

Jon:
The nose on this one is really perfumey, so I was surprised when the flavor perfectly hit my expectation of gingerbread. As it warms up, some very nice chocolate malt undertones are coming through. A tad heavy on the spice, otherwise surprisingly good flavor in a style of beer I wouldn't normally seek out.

3.7
Appearance Aroma Palate Flavor Price Buzz Overall
3/5 5/10 4/5 9/10 5/5 4/5 7/10

Mark:
Like drinking a cookie! I like the sharp nutmeg with the bitterness of the hops. I'm usually a purist when it comes to beer--barley, yeast, hops, and water--but this is surprisingly good!

3.4
Appearance Aroma Palate Flavor Price Buzz Overall
3/5 5/10 4/5 8/10 5/5 4/5 7/10

Jere:
The appearance does remind one of gingerbread, with whole wheat flour. At first sip, I sensed more than just that flavor, but I can't quite put my finger on it. There does seem to be some bread-like qualities to the texture, which I'm quite impressed with, all things considered.

3.0
Appearance Aroma Palate Flavor Price Buzz Overall
5/5 8/10 4/5 8/10 5/5 4/5 9/10

No comments: